Monday, December 17, 2012

IT'S ABOUT DAT TIME

That is absolutely IT!

The period of inaction and stillness has ran out. I am overdue for a blog, and consequently, my first blog post. It is finally here. The time has arrived.

So, first and foremost, welcome! I am Romina, but you mustn't know much about me, and any superficial introduction is purposeless. We have time, lots of it. As I grow, and as you grow, inevitably, yet miraculously, together, you will get to know me through the knowledge I choose to share with you, as well as through the information I choose to keep private. You will gain insight about who I am based on what I shine a light through, and what I decide is best kept in the dark. Remember, the darkness is what makes the human tangible. The shadow is what gives humans the 3D quality that we are all so familiar with, an intrinsic though often overlooked aspect of a person that gives him or her the humanlike reality. Both figuratively and literally.

Yet, the important aspect here is that by packaging little bits of the universe and presenting them to you, showcasing the mind (whether mine or someone else's), sharing experiences, and making my voice heard, I will learn who I am as well, for my echo won't take long to reach back to me. Please, keep in mind that this has been a to-do project of mine for a while now; not as a popularity scheme, but an emotional and intellectual outlet. I have spent days, months, years, an entire phase of my life trying to unknot the knot that I have become, with hundreds of strings, each string representing a concrete aspect of my persona. This has provoked a powerful need to organize, which so far has only been expressed externally. I have organized my underwear, socks, iTunes library, folders and files, and as much as I love categorizing, internally I still resemble a cats favorite toy. A BOUNCY BALL OF YARN.  It has gotten to the point where I MUST regurgitate the disgusting amounts of information I periodically swallot, because as it is expelled, I will be able to see what kinds of judgement and predispositions I unconsciously coated its delivery with. Hopefully, slowly, I can uncover the why's, where's and how's about me. In a sense, this is a type of self-exploration. I need to relate with the world to see how I relate to the world. And by the world, I mean everyone, and everybody. You, your grandmother, your old best friend's older sister who has recently taken up fencing, the old divorced man that lives down your street who jut broke up with his online girlfriend, "YOU AND YOU AND YOU" like Oprah would say. I'm hoping, as I begin this lovely, passionate polygamous relationship with everybody in the world whom I've been wanting to so desperately express my thoughts, ideas, creativity, passion, excitement, and thrill with, that I can see myself a little better from their thousand different perspectives. Simultaneously, not giving one particular take any more importance than the other. In some odd way, I am attempting to release the spectator inside of me into a million different me's; I am trying to watch me from the outside; I want to experience the experience of me, through you. And as you, I want to learn about what I have to say, and listen.

Now that's as me, but as you... I think all I can ask for is your presence and input.

BORROWINGBLISS.BLOGSPOST.COM



No comments:

Post a Comment